Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 154

 

Today’s post is going to have a few photos. Yesterday I participated in American Cancer Society’s “Relay For Life” and wanted to share some of the photos…

First up, we have the opening of the event and intro of survivors!

DSC_0001

Here is a photo of my Mom and Grandma.. We lost my Grandpa (their Husband and Father) in 2009 to cancer.

DSC_0006

Here is Grams and I… We were so excited to have her join us this year!

DSC_0007

This is my Mom and I …this was our 2nd year participating!

DSC_0008

For the beginning of the survivors lap!

DSC_0010

Luminary bags – each one is decorated to honor someone who lost their fight to cancer! Late at night during the event, each bag is lit and they surround the entire track. Very beautiful.

DSC_0014 copy

Here I am showing support for my team “Fight For Lives”. I am captain of our team. Also participating in the “Red, White & Blue” them that was put in place for this year.

DSC_0016

Here are wonderful teammates Beth and her Mom! Beth participated with us last year and we were happy to welcome her Mom on the team this year!

DSC_0024

This is the adorable lantern my Mom brought to add to the festive “Red, White and Blue” theme!

DSC_0029 copy

I made a banner for our team to display. It shows many names of those who lost their fight and for those still fighting.

DSC_0030

Lastly, here is my Mom, Grams and I again… displaying our festive items!

DSC_0038

No comments:

Post a Comment