Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A minor update…

 

I have had several people request/suggest I put a “donate” button on the blog as a means of more widely reaching people for fundraising. That button should be to the right of the daily posts. I continue to appreciate all of your love and support. Sometimes I sit here and wonder how I was blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. You have all touched me in some way and I can never repay you or thank you for all the positive words, thoughts, prayers, love and support you’ve shown me and also my family!

You can bet that if there is ever a time any of you are in need, I will do everything within my capabilities to help in some way!

We are now only 8 days away from my surgery date and surprisingly, I haven’t really worried over it too much. There are some moments throughout the day where I will find myself having one small thought about it and then drifting off into a world of questions, fears and doubts… but then I remember everything all of my family and friends have done for me and I’ll be damned if I let that go to waste by being scared all the time. You’ve all really helped to lift me up in this though time and I simply can’t thank you all enough.

I also need to take a minute to send a HUGE thanks to my family. Anyone who knows us personally, knows that we’ve dealt with more than our fair share of family dramas, loss and sadness over these last 2 years. We are approaching the 2-year mark in a few days of when we lost our Papa to cancer. Also, in a few more days would be my other Grandpa’s birthday, but we also lost him in 2009 to cancer. No matter what all the other issues are within the family – everyone has really pulled together in one way or another to offer not only me, but Tony and Gracie, a lot of love and support! I love you all.

I can’t forget Tony as well. We have also been through so much in our relationship and he has never doubted me, or us. He has always loved me unconditionally. It seems like it’d be impossible to just continue to love someone more and more each day, but I know that’s what we have between us.. a love that just keeps growing no matter what. I am also so thankful for our beautiful daughter, Gracie! Without her smile, charm, intelligence and wonderful personality – I don’t think I could make it through most days.

I hope you’re all blessed in your lives with as much love and happiness as I have been blessed with – and will continue to experience once I get through this difficult time. Have a wonderful night!

Love,

Heather

PS: I don’t think I’ve done it yet, so I am adding some images here from my MRI:

tumorside view

No comments:

Post a Comment